Module 2 describes how child care providers can promote physical activity in child care programs. The module talks about inside and outside play, structured and unstructured physical activity, moderate and vigorous physical activity, physical activity for children with disabilities, and how to handle discipline and screen time.
- List three things that child care providers can do to promote children’s physical activity.
- Describe structured physical activity.
- List three examples of structured physical activities for young children.
- Describe unstructured physical activity.
- List three examples of unstructured physical activities for young children.
- Describe the difference between moderate and vigorous physical activity.
Time Needed to Complete Module
Approximately 25 minutes